OpenClose, a multi-channel loan origination system (LOS) provider, and QuestSoft, a provider of automated mortgage compliance software, announced that they will host a joint webinar covering the new CFPB HMDA regulations, how they will impact organizations, and outline specific plans to make compliance with the new HMDA rules the most efficient and time-saving process in the mortgage industry. The webinar will be held on June 21, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. EDT.
Entitled “The New CFPB HMDA Rules, What You Need to Know,” this webinar will provide insight on not just what the new rules are, but what organizations will need to prepare for well in advance of the January 2018 implementation deadline. The companies say that while the deadline may seem a long way off, there are business-critical functions that should considered now or run the risk of being caught off-guard.
Key topics that will be covered in the webinar:
- The inside day to day nuances behind the new regulations.
- Above and beyond: practical, actionable information will be provided to attendees, not a legal review as is typical with most HMDA webinars.
- New loan types required with HMDA and how OpenClose and QuestSoft are answering the call.
- Recommendations for improving data integrity across the enterprise.
- A timeline of the changes and companies need to prepare for in advance.
- The new public face of HMDA: implications for Fair Lending and the future of mortgage lending.
OpenClose and QuestSoft will also touch on key updates being made their specific products that will help companies effectively test, train and prepare for, including release dates and 2018 CFPB HMDA data that can already be tested now.
Kathy Olsen, director of LOS support services at OpenClose
Kathy leads customer support and training at OpenClose for its multi-channel LOS, LenderAssist, as well as its integrated products. She joined OpenClose in 2010 and has over thirty years of experience in the mortgage banking and technology fields.
Leonard Ryan, president of QuestSoft Corporation
Leonard has been associated with the mortgage industry for over 30 years, and is the founder of QuestSoft. He is a member of both MBA HMDA and NMLS Mortgage Call Report working groups, and is nationally recognized as a HMDA expert.
Downloadable materials that will be made available after the webinar:
- Presentation Slides [PDF] — available on the day of the webinar
- Webinar Recording [streaming] — available 2-3 days after the webinar
- Q&A [PDF] — available on the day of the webinar
The webinar is offered as complimentary to the mortgage industry but availability is limited. To sign up for the webinar, go to https://goo.gl/E8cTzP.
About The Author
Tony Garritano is chairman and founder at PROGRESS in Lending Association. As a speaker Tony has worked hard to inform executives about how technology should be a tool used to further business objectives. For over 10 years he has worked as a journalist, researcher and speaker in the mortgage technology space. Starting this association was the next step for someone like Tony, who has dedicated his career to providing mortgage executives with the information needed to make informed technology decisions. He can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com.